In honor of National Chiropractic Month I thought I’d you with a little educational material on the subject so when people ask you about chiropractic you have something to say, so I’ll start this series of blog posts with…
7 Facts About Chiropractic
• Chiropractic is the largest, most regulated, and best recognized of the complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) professions.
• There are more than 60,000 active chiropractic licenses in the United States. All 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands officially recognize chiropractic as a health care profession.
• Chiropractic education is much more regulated and extensive than most people appreciate. The Council on Chiropractic Education, an agency certified by the Department of Education, currently recognizes 15 chiropractic programs at 18 different locations.
• In national surveys, patients favor chiropractic over medical care for back or neck pain. Patients routinely rate Doctors of Chiropractic highly in skill, manner, and explanation of treatment.
• Chiropractic treatment is a covered benefit in many traditional insurance policies. In fact,
according to some reports, as many as 87 percent of all insured American workers have coverage for chiropractic services in their health care plans.
• Chiropractic care is achieving more and more integration into today’s health care system. Just a few notable examples of chiropractic integration include the chiropractic department at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., and the doctors of chiropractic who work as consultants to the Office of the Attending Physician at the U.S. Capitol Building. Furthermore, the federal government provides chiropractic benefits for veterans, military personnel and Medicare patients.
This information provided by the American Chiropractic Association. (Edited for length)